Investments in Cryptocurrency and Fintech
The Investments in Cryptocurrency & FinTech panel will explore key trends in the field, whether cryptocurrencies have the potential to disrupt the current paradigms of fundraising in Private Equity/Venture Capital/Initial Public Offerings, and the legal ramifications and securities regulation that is likely to impact the industry in the near future.
- Kendrick Nguyen Founder, Republic
- Aaron Wright Law Professor, Cardozo Law
- Jason Jones Entrepreneur-In-Residence, Consensys Capital
- Travis Scher Vice President, Investments, Digital Currency Group
Secondary Market PE Investing
The Secondary Market for PE Investing panel will explore Private Equity funds focused on investing in secondaries, the factors that have led to increases in demand for secondary investments, the industries that investors are focused on, and the resulting paradigm shift in the investment landscape.
- Ryan Levitt Partner, Pomona Capital
- Jameson Mones Director, Blackstone Strategic Partners
- Ethan Falkove Managing Director, Neuberger Berman
- Daryl Li Director, Ardian
In Search of Longer Term Horizons
The In Search of Longer Term Horizons panel will explore the trend of GPs, LPs, and Co-Investors shifting their focus to investment strategies with longer investment horizons and how the shift is expected to impact the relationship between GPs and LPs.
- Adam Sokoloff Managing Director, The Carlyle Group
- Scott Werry Founding Partner, Altas Partners
- Dina Said Dwyer Managing Director, Eden Capital
The Rise of Corporate VCs
The Rise of Corporate VCs panel will explore the corporate search for diversified returns and the expansion of corporate activity into the VC space in their search for sector disruptors that will change the future of their industry.
- Kim Armor Managing Director and CFO, Comcast Ventures
- Gus Warren Managing Director, Samsung Next Ventures
- Darcy Frisch Managing Director and Vice President, Hearst Ventures
- Urs Cete Managing Partner, BDMI
PE Value Creation Strategies and Opportunities in the Current Environment
The Private Equity Value Creation Strategies and Opportunities in the Current Environment panel will explore the shifts in investments across industries and regions, the increasing importance of operational restructuring/efficiency, as well as discussing the rise of alternative methods for investors to access the Private Equity market.
- Jasvinder Khaira Senior Managing Director, Blackstone, Tactical Opportunities Group
- Vivianne Akriche Managing Director, Eurazeo Capital
- Trevor Winstead Managing Director, Apollo Global Management, Illiquid Opportunistic Credit
Venture Investments in Data Driven Technology
The Venture Investments in Data-Drive Technology panel will address the current state of Artificial Intelligence, Big Data, and Data Mining and explore how VC investors expect to leverage these trends in their day to day work and discuss the end-user adoption of this technology.
- John Frankel Founding Partner, ffVenture Capital
- Erik Nordlander Engineering Partner, Google Ventures
- Davide Venturelli NASA Ames Quantum AI Lab
- Vijay Reddy Head of AI Investments, Intel Capital
The Distressed Investing panel will explore the expectations for the next stage of the distressed investing sector. Given the current state of the energy, shipping, and retail industry and the increasing price of LBO and M&A deals, should we expect an inbound wave of defaults and bankruptcies in the future? When will the benign credit cycle finally end? Where in the capital structure do we expect to see the most opportunity?
- Holly Neiweem Managing Director, Eight Bar Partners
- David Markus Founding Partner, Turning Rock Partners
- Jason Dillow CIO, Head of Credit and Vice Chairman, Halcyon Capital Management
Investments in Lifestyle: Entertainment, Media, Sports, Luxury, and Hospitality
The Investments in Lifestyle: Entertainment, Media, Sports, Luxury and Hospitality panel will explore how investors are capitalizing on the infusion of new technology and changes in consumer preferences in the lifestyle segments: Entertainment, Media, Sports, Luxury, and Hospitality.
- Mark Leavitt CIO, Union Square Hospitality Group
- Joshua Empson Managing Director, Providence Equity
- Eugene Remm Founder, EMM Group and Rumble Boxing
- Tehmina Haider Principal, L Catterton